Thursday 3 January 2013

b.Big Business Starts Small

My dream lifestyle. Let me settle my other stuff first before buying a small horse to play. hehehehe ...

I used to have friends who always gun for that billion-dollars deals. I have since lost contact with them. They are ultra-intelligent and well-connected. To date, I have not heard from them, but I wish them well.

Their philosophy is to get into billion-dollar deals. Even if they get only just a 1% commission, that would have gotten them at a $10m income instantly. All their troubles would be behind them. I always have doubts in this kind of deal as I am not a gal. If I am gal, I would open my legs and see how far I can go. But, I am not. I always wondered how can a princeling gives us guys a deal when he can leverage this deal for a beautiful gal on the side. I never understood and will never understand.

I always believe all big businesses must start small. Small deals, small incomes and therefore, more stability in numbers. Since these numbers are small, there is no need to access the banks. When these small numbers add up, it will become bigger and the economy of scale would have kicked in and a huge barrier of entry would be erected in my name. Thereafter, the business deals become more strategic and easier to explain. Because at these business meetings, we no longer talk about bread and butter issues, but strategic directions for the future. With no bank borrowings to worry about, the skill set to do well is so small.

Can this be implemented even for big time business like property deals? The answer is yes. All you need is to look. If you look hard enough, these cash deals will come. You need to be very patient. If you have no patience, then play Texas HoldEm Poker to pass your time.

Are you sure you can pay in cash these deals? Yes, why not? All you need is to be humble and go for the tiny deals before collecting on the bigger ones. Take small steps and cash steps.

But property deals are not the only game a guy can play. The options are aplenty. Don't be bullshitted by the property market in Singapore, the richest men are not just in property deals.

The discussion in property deals is just that a discussion or merely as a simple example.

No comments:

Post a Comment