Thursday 26 September 2013

p.Show - 精忠岳飞 (Part 2)

The last part is here:   Show - 精忠岳飞 (Part 1)

This is really a long, long show. In the show, it showed Yue Fei as someone who truly loved his middle kingdom and wanted to win back his land from the Manchurians, hence, he wrote the famous four words: "还我河山" (return me river hill).

He was very single-minded in his task. 

Finally, Yue Fei received the 'Twelfth Golden Edict' [from the emperor calling him back to the capital], which if ignored meant banishment. Patriotism demanded that he obey. On his way back to the capital he stopped to rest at a pavilion. Qin Hui anticipated Yue Fei's route and sent some men to lie in wait. When Yue Fei arrived, Qin's men ambushed and murdered him. Just 39 years old, Yue Fei like many good men in history (such as Genghis Khan and Steve Jobs), had a swift, brilliant career, then died brutally while still young.

This year has been a good year for me. Now into the autumn period, I had lots of time to reflect what I have done for my entire life: The complete frustration that I was robbed of my rightful inheritance. Surprisingly, 还我河山 aptly described my feelings all this while. The absolute fervour in fighting back and reclaiming my rightful throne is intense. Now I know where my frustration lied. I didn't know before, but now I know.

It is that deep-set need to reclaim what's rightfully mine. With this new found understanding, I am now better at directing this frustration into an energetic force to my deploy.

But, I am not interested in working so hard that I will die young like Yue Fei, Genghis Khan nor Steve Jobs. One good thing that works in my favour is that I do have lots of very good partners having the same motivation as I do. Let me therefore acquire more land to accommodate their ambitions. Every journey makes me more and more energetic in a good way. Nice.

My golden chariot is now waiting outside for me to embark on my next journey - The Land of the Crescent Lake.  (._.)

I implore you to watch the show ...

No comments:

Post a Comment