Wednesday 23 October 2013

p.Bally Shoes, The Orgre King Calls

The last part is here:   Greyhawk is Here 

Yesterday, the snow was thick. It was unusual that snow comes so early in the autumn season. My army, camping just a little away in the mountain above the land of crescent lake, was restless. They craved immediate action but yet at the same time apprehensive about the massive gathering of orgres, now numbering 3 millions. The morale although high but not without clouded thoughts. I was also not in the mood for pep talk. My army was only numbered at 4 millions. Originally, I have thought handling 2 millions (of orgres) was reasonable. But now, the problem at hand was increased. If at parity strengths, the invading army would be greatly disadvantaged. 

This morning marked the immediate melting of the first snow and autumn winds were abound. Just then, my attendant called, "My Master! Bally Shoes, the orgre king, seeks the pleasure of your company to a high feast at the southern gate of the land of the crescent lake tomorrow."

I smiled.

All my life I have prepared for this one battle. Although I have accumulated many other lands, this land is considered crown jewel that I will build my head-quarters, 紫禁城 and 天安門. The other lands although have rivers and hills but only proxied my this invasion. This battle will never be my biggest yet, but definitely, the most important. This conquest will form the basis for all my future invasions. It is the one land that rules all lands.

I replied, "Good. Go then and reply in the affirmative. Ask crimson queen to prepare well and join me in my feast."

Crimson queen more or less replaced white crane in my arms. Greyhawk, white crane's father, has all but removed my illusion of conquering this land without pain. He reminded me that there is truly no free lunch in this world.

Crimson queen was a sorceress in training. She could summon spirits to do her biddings. She has more or less promised to stay by my side throughout my invasion of the land of crescent lake. "Any costs to pay," I asked her. She cheekily replied, "There is none, my dearest." Being a sorceress, she was definitely a far stronger asset that any one I had so far. I am indeed pleased.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow would be an important day in determining if I need to do battle to my bitter end.

Now, fully alone and without support of loved ones, the chilliness of the autumn winds was felt in its maximum effect.

醉卧沙场君莫笑,古来征战几人回?

No comments:

Post a Comment