Thursday 24 July 2014

p.A Twist in the Tale (Part II)

The last part is here:   A Twisted Road Ahead

Everything is driven by money and yet everything is not driven by money.

I just lost another auction ... fuck them ... the norms didn't apply ...

There were 4 bidders and the price went up by 18% which is not supposed to be the case. The increase in bidding was unusual. I have budgeted for 11% increase (Just 1% percent above the 10% norm, because I like the property). With only 0-5 bidders, theoretically I was supposed to get it by 10% increase in price. But shit do hit the wall.

Well ... A miss is a miss. No love lost.

The next auction is first week August. I will find a better bargain there then.

My micro-analysis is:

There were 4 bidders. The starting 1st bid was at the reserve price (+0%). A 2nd up-bid was done (+5%). Followed by my 3rd bid (+11%) and lastly 4th bid (+18%). I didn't up-bid as I felt it was not worth it. All 4 bidders has bidded.

Basically, I wouldn't fight it.

I found that if there are 4 bidders, there would be 4 bids. Simple.

Fuck ... Let's prepare for the 1st week Aug bid.

I am still feeling restrictive. Cannot overbid and fall in love with the properties I viewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment